"Nothing about us without us" is a favorite phrase of disability rights advocates. For too long, professionals and government officials told people with disabilities where they would live, how they would live, and who they would live with. It is critical to these advocates that people with disabilities now be involved in every decision that is made that involves them.
Self-advocacy is advocacy on behalf of one's self. It is also advocacy by people with disabilities on behalf of people with disabilities.
In this section of the website, we provide:
- Self-advocacy and self-help tools
- Self-Help Assessment Tool
- Information about the different words and phrases used in Olmstead rights advocacy.
- Links to resources in particular states
- Links to national resources.
- Podcasts with trainings and valuable information (check back regularly for updates).